Role of Businesses Responding to COVID-19
Businesses and employers can prevent and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) within the workplace.
Employers should respond in a way that takes into account the level of disease transmission in their communities and revise their business response plans as needed.
The CDC has issued interim guidance for businesses and employers responding to COVID-19. Here is a list of some updated strategies and recommendations for employers responding to COVID-19, including those seeking to resume normal or phased business operations.
- Conducting daily health checks
- Conducting a hazard assessment of workplace
- Encouraging employees to wear cloth face coverings in the workplace, if appropriate
- Implementing policies and practices for social distancing in the workplace
- Improving building ventilation system
- A table outlining the engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) that employers may use to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace
For more information on CDC guidelines, click here